...well, sort of.
I did finish my novella-in-progress Udopia this week. Of course, "finish" is a relative term. I have gotten the storyline from point A to point Z. The reality, though, is that point Z--the ending--has been done for quite some time. So it was a matter of connecting the beginning to the ending with...that plot garbage. But I now have done that.
It's 35,100 words, certain to grow despite the fact that I need to get out my machete and hack away at the dead wood.
Now begins the arduous but exhilarating task of going back to the beginning and:
- Actually making sure that everything is complete...that is, replacing all those SOMETHINGs that I use as placeholders with real words;
- Making sure everything flows; and
- Double-checking to make sure the grammar is in order.
I have just over a month until my September 15 deadline to get it into the Main Street Rag. I think I can do it. Cross your fingers. Offer some encouragement. Threaten me.