Friday, October 28, 2011

Another Small Victory

The other day, I mentioned that I made the "top 10" in agent Rachelle Gardner's blog, asking for the best answer to, "How many agents does it take to change a light bulb?"

I also entered agent Janet Reid's latest 100-word contest. My entry:

"So, a witch, a werewolf, and a ghost walk into a bar. And the werewolf says, am I hairy, or is it hot in here?"

Uproarious laughter.

I had sworn off doing stand-up for the zombie crowd. But a few Benjamins waved under my nose, and they were unforsaken. The pay was good, though the audiences could be dead. And in varying states of decay. If they don't kill you, the deadly, insalubrious air of the club will.

"You guys slay me. Take my life, please..." As they began their trudge to the stage, I thought, Bad choice of words.

was named a semi-finalist.

My friend Bill also got an honorable mention for his.

OK, so maybe this isn't a direct line to a Pulitzer. Still...

No comments:

Post a Comment