Tuesday, November 29, 2011

This Is SO Cool!

Even though it has nothing to do with writing.

The other day, my wife mentioned that our grocery store loyalty card, which includes "fuel perks," had accumulated a $1.30 per gallon discount which was due to expire at the end of the month. What she didn't mention (or I didn't hear) was that there was more than the $1.30 built up, and that only that amount was expiring.

So I stopped to fill the tank today, scanned the card, and was surprised to see that we had a total of $3.30 per gallon in discounts waiting. I wish the pump would have allowed me to redeem only the expiring amount, but it didn't. Perhaps if I had gone in, I could have worked that out. But I simply forged ahead.

Since gas was $3.24 a gallon...well, you can do the math.


















My only regret is that I didn't think to postpone the transaction, and arrange to meet my wife tomorrow so that we both could have filled up (even though it's against the rules).

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment