Friday, January 13, 2012

Flash! Of Inspiration!

Sorry if this seems redundant, talking about word counts again. But sometimes, I just amaze myself...not in the sense of "I'm so good," but more in the sense of "Wow! I didn't think I had it in me."

The other day I had about two sentences of description and two lines of dialogue in my head. I had planned on spending about five minutes quickly committing to disk the former, and then actually working through the latter.

Thirty minutes later, I had 700 words. Back to the "amaze" part, when I started, I had no idea these words were "in there," and waiting to come out. 

As I said, I'm not boasting. My hope is that my other writer friends read this and say, "Maybe I should commit myself to some writing every day." Because sometimes, wondrous things just happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment