Saturday, March 3, 2012

How Ironic!

My last entry was a guest blog from Alexis, a fellow member of the world of words. One of the things I said in the post is that I think it's wonderful how everyone in this space really seems to supports each other. And then along comes this...

Literary agent Janet Reid (whom I've mentioned here before, thanks to her 100-word competitions) just served up a beauty: the Liz Norris Pay It Forward Writing Contest. 

To celebrate the publication of Unraveling by debut author Liz Norris she is sponsoring a contest.

We're looking for a debut writer with a great voice and energetic prose (like Liz!)

We're looking for a novel that grabs us, enchants us, and keeps us glued to the page (like UNRAVELING!)

We're looking for the Next Liz Norris!

The prize is:

1. Registration for the Backspace Writing Conference in New York, May 24-26
2. Hotel for three nights (Thurs, Fri, Sat)
3. Travel stipend of $300
4. Lunch with Liz Norris' agent

The winner will be announced on the day Unraveling is published: Tuesday April 24, 2012.

Yes, I've already submitted Nightmares. I wonder if I can keep my fingers crossed for a few months?
.

No comments:

Post a Comment