Thursday, August 16, 2012

No Strings Attached...Finis!

By Michael Seese

If you are reading this blog, it is because of No Strings Attached

Huh? Let me explain...

Back in April 2009, I came up with an idea which has since become "Obsession," one of the stories in No Strings Attached, a collection of seven interconnected literary fiction short stories woven around the theme of strings, and how different lives, places, and times can be tied together. As I concocted the different pieces, I really felt as though I had something special. It was that realization which made me believe I could be an author. And authors these days who are not named Dan Brown or J.K. Rowling need to blog. So here I am.

I spent a little over a year writing scattershot, contributing a line here, a paragraph there, wherever I felt like adding something. By the summer of 2010, I had enough of an outline to work on a story to completion. By December, I had completed four of the seven.

I then put No Strings on the back burner for a while. I needed a break, and decided to let myself get distracted. Of course, these "distractions" were the completing of Udopia and Nightmares, as well as writing numerous short stories and poems, some of which have been published or are slated to be.

So what's next? As it turns out, my favorite agent (who STILL isn't my agent) Janet Reid has come up with a "new wrinkle in the query game-rules of the game." In short, if you send a query to her on Saturdays between the hours of 7:00 and 8:00 p.m., she will respond. But, as she warned, "The queries need to be for real.  If I request something and you tell me it's not ready, or you were just kidding, I will come to your house and gnaw on you till you realize the error of your ways."

I'm now putting the polish on No Strings, and hope to have it ready by next Saturday.

Wish me luck.



No comments:

Post a Comment