Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Poetree: "Hollow"

By Michael Seese

I've been working on this one, on and off, for a while. But in recent days I left like finishing it. So below is:

Hollow







































Like the letter O,
a mouth saying "no."
Sometimes I feel so...
I don't know...
Hollow.

Like a Cheerio,
Or a braggart's crow,
A passionless throe.
Cold winds blow.
Hollow.

Like a doughnut hole,
Or an empty bowl.
Life extorts its toll.
Soul by soul.
Hollow.

I'm lost. I don't know
Where does the joy go?
Does emptiness show?
Fading glow.
Hollow.

Believe it or not, I wasn't depressed when I wrote it. Remember, the idea behind "poetree" is to start with an image, and build the poem from there. When you have a hollow tree, and choose a title like "Hollow," the words largely lead the way.

What do you think of "Hollow?" Feel free to share your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment