Monday, October 8, 2012

Castle: Cloudy With A Chance Of Murder

By Michael Seese

Funny funny funny episode.

Funny scenes, funny lines, and funny looks. 

I thought one of the best scenes took place in the medical examiner's room when Lanie bluntly said to Beckett, "You're having sex," and asked who it was. Castle, of course, demanded to know as well. And on the set of the news show, I loved Castle's attempt to play weatherman, which morphed into him channeling Superman and flying over the city. (I also appreciated the way this bit started, with Beckett in the foreground and an out-of-focus Castle in the background.) Finally, the two makeup artists were great; I would love it if they could find some way to have them in a future episode.

Oh, and I loved the upside-down camera shot when Beckett walked in on Castle and Kristina.

Lines...

Beckett: "You just want me to take off my shirt again, don't you?"
Castle: "What?"

Beckett: "Isn't that the reporter who shows up to cover stories in her bikini?"
Castle: "I didn't... Is that..."
Beckett: "You want to try that again, only make it more convincing? 
Castle: "No. I'm good."
Beckett: "OK."

(When discussing the air quality monitor that Mandy took up in the chopper.)
Castle: "The direct tox monitor. Of course."
Beckett: "You have no idea what that is."
Castle: "No. Not a clue."

Castle: "You didn't tell me he [Chip, the sportscaster] called."
Beckett: "Really? You're going to play the jealousy card now?"

Castle (leaving for his date): "Call you later." (Pokes head back in.) "To check on the case."

Beckett: "Can we say we'll talk about needing other people, but we won't actually date other people?"
Castle: "Yeah, I can do that." 
Beckett: "Good. Because I have a gun and you don't really have a choice."

And, naturally, the looks:

Castle's bewilderment when Esposito asked, "What? No coffee?"

Ryan's attempted explanation when Espo asked, "Are you wearing makeup?"

And THE look...

Castle's smirk when Beckett said, "I keep seeing her boobs in your face." (Yes, I watched that one twice.)

What did you think? Share your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment