Sunday, November 25, 2012

Cross Your Fingers!

By Michael Seese

Well, I haven't had much of a chance to write about writing lately, because I've been...well...writing.

Back in February, I mentioned some upcoming open calls from Pill Hill Press. One of them is called "Psycho Cinema."

PSYCHO CINEMA!
We're looking for HORROR stories with a strong CINEMA theme... this can be interpreted by the author in any way that connects the short fiction to the movies, as long as there are strong elements of horror. Things like: horror at the movie theater, horror on a movie set, horror featuring a horror film actor (fiction only, please; let's not kill off real actors), horror at a drive-in theater, etc. As long as HORROR and HORROR MOVIES are present, the story will be considered.


In many cases, the calls have a submit-by date. This one was open. I started a story -- a humorous horror story -- then put it aside. But I started working on it and another piece a few weeks back. I have them nearly finished. They are titled "...By The Way, It’s Friday The 13th" and "Cinéma Vérité." The former is the funny one. The latter, I think, is chilling. I hope to submit them to Pill Hill this week. 

In the meantime, I have posted "Cinéma Vérité" to my In Progress Stuff page.

I hope you enjoy it. Feel free to share your thoughts.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment