Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pitch Wars

By Michael Seese

Something I've discovered in the past year+ is how wonderful the online author community can be. I am so very grateful to people such as (oft-cited) agent Janet Reid -- as well as my fellow aspiring writers -- who give so much of themselves to help others. It's cooperative and supportive and really embodies the ideal of "pay it forward." 

Case in point...

The other day I read about the "Pitch Wars."





















Author Brenda Drake came up with the idea to pair agented writers and publishing industry interns with aspiring writers. So on her site are photos and links to the blogs of 31 mentors. We (the aspiring folks) are allowed to choose three, and send them a query plus five pages. They will choose one (I assume it's just one) to work with.

Since most of the mentors are looking for YA, I am submitting Nightmares.  Purely FYI, I chose Fiona, Erica, and John.

Wish me luck!

And if you are an aspiring author, you have until 8:00 a.m. (EST) on December 5. So get querying! 


No comments:

Post a Comment