Wednesday, April 3, 2013

PayPal Spam

By Michael Seese 

I have to say, this is one of the best SPAMs I've received in a long time. 

With apologies to Elizabeth Barrett Browning, "How do I love this SPAM? Let me count the ways...



You will notice that the "From" is service@paypal.com, a.k.a. palermo056@gwoelb.at   

FYI, the .at top-level domain is Austria. 

paypal / palermo056 ... what's 6 or 7 letters and numbers among friends?

Also, if you hover over any of the links:

- Transaction ID: PX6RN812D6SK1BRA0
- TAG Heuer Men's WAU8415.BA5338 Formula 1 White Dial Stainless Steel Watch

- Questions? Go to the Help Center at: www.paypal.com/help. 

it will take you to: http://mohsindesigns.com/clients/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/akismet/wps.php?HZOHR7I248Y 

Yeah, I've heard that PayPal runs its business operations out of a blogging site.

At least they were thoughtful enough to actually log into your PayPal account for assistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment