Saturday, October 26, 2013

"Beautiful Forever"

By Michael Seese

After a brief hiatus, agent Janet Reid is offering up another 100-word contest. As she explained on her blog:

"I had the pleasure of seeing Stephen King at a recent reading.  I was accompanied on this field trip by my boon companions in crime (and devoted King fans) Joanna Volpe, Dan Krokos and Brooks Sherman. At the close of the reading we got copies of his new novel Dr. Sleep.  Of course, I am not going to read it!! TOO SCARY!!! So, what better to do with it than offer it as the prize for writing contest! That it happens to be a signed copy all the better."

The words:


Beautiful
Await
Shining
Love
Craft


So here is my entry, "Beautiful Forever."

"Keep me beautiful forever."

Jessica’s words, her plea, haunted Wayne. His heart ached when he thought of watching the woman he adored fading, her shining star waning, as she awaited the curtain to fall on Act III. If he could craft a different ending to the final script we all must read...

Wayne smiled. "How do you feel?"

"Who are you?" Jessica asked, the sedative wearing off.

"Someone who loves you."

"Where am I? What are you doing?"

"Your ad. The billboard. 'Keep me beautiful forever.' Soon, you will be," Wayne said as the formaldehyde began flowing into her vein.


Feel free to share your thoughts of "Beautiful Forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment