Sunday, February 1, 2015

Show And Tell

by Michael Seese

As I mentioned yesterday, just after finishing "Kinderspiel" I learned of another Janet Reid contest.  Our challenge: to incorporate

death
red
show 
me
state

in a 100-word story. So here is "Show And Tell."


The energetic six-year-old in the pink dress with red spots wondered when it would be her turn. Bored to death, her mind drifted off to art class, lunch...

"Sara? Did you bring something for show and tell?"

She stood and produced a handgun. "Don't worry," she stated confidently. "It's just a toy."

But Miss Root, who grew up in a place where school was closed the first day of hunting season, knew better. "Of course it is. Just to be safe, please give it to me."

That's funny, Sara thought. Mommy said the same thing right before the loud noise



Wish me luck! And if you're feeling inspired, the contest is open until 10:00 a.m. today.

No comments:

Post a Comment