Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Janet Flash:

by Michael Seese

We had a pretty busy weekend, so I didn't get a chance to post this. I'll be brief. The latest Janet Reid contest (since it's now Tuesday, I know it didn't win) asked us to incorporate

scene
feral
numb
suit
wry


in the usual 100-word piece. So here is the (uncharacteristically, for me) short "A Script."



Certain days play out like a scene from a movie.

Me in my best suit.

She in a white gown.

Petals strewn in her path.

"I do."

A kiss for love.

Rice in our eyes.

The winding road to the reception.

Happy guests, waiting.

But...

Sometimes the Director balks, the writers offer alternate endings, and the script goes awry.

Oncoming headlights.

Squealing tires.

Crunching metal.

Crunching bones.

"My legs are numb."

A kiss goodbye.

Lilies on fresh dirt.

Fade to black.


2 comments:

  1. Hi, Michael! I just read your "no prison/nothing to escape" flash fiction piece on Jane Reid's blog and found it really moving. Well done!

    ReplyDelete