Thursday, September 8, 2016

Janet Flash: Stand Up

by Michael Seese

I'm a little late getting this one in, between a busy Labor Day weekend and yesterday's timely thermometer spike.

There had no been any activity on the Janet flash front of late, as she took off the month of August to ... you know ... do agent work. Also, she switched jobs, as detailed in this post.

So last Friday the contest resumed. Our key words were:   

proud
spirit
horse
dog
herd


I came up with something I call "Stand Up."

After nearly six weeks adrift, morale had reached a low. The captain's son suggested entertainment.

“Stop me if you've herd this one before… Get it?”

“Why did the pony whisper? Because he was a little horse.”

“What did the mama lion say to her cubs? I'm proud of you kids. I mean pride of you.”

“This routine is going to the dogs.” The dachshunds were not amused. Only the hyenas were laughing. For the wrong reasons.

“That's the spirit,” Michael said, eying their toothy grins. Thus fell the curtain on the first and only open Mike night on Noah's Ark.

Some people are born with horse sense. Me? I've spent a lifetime saddled with mule sense.


This one already has been filed in the "not a winner" pile. But y'all might find some merriment.

As an aside, I came up with an opening line for a story that would have been completely different. Some people are born with horse sense. Me? I've spent a lifetime saddled with mule sense.  I'm kinda proud of that one, so I thought I'd share.  

1 comment: