Sunday, January 15, 2017

Janet Flash: The Purrfect Plan

by Michael Seese

I got a call the other day from one of my biggest supporters, Jim Lewis, who owns the Fireside Book Shop in Chagrin Falls. He wondered if I as still blogging, since my words had not polluted graced his inbox lately. I agreed I had not been blogging much lately, owing to three factors:

1. The demise of Castle
2. The demise of Flash Friday, which ensured that every week I would have a story to share
3. The fact I've been so busy writing my current WIP I haven't had time to write about writing.

But yesterday I tuned into Janet Reid's blog, and saw that she'd posted a quick flash fiction contest

This time, in 25 words or less, we were to describe this picture.

























Here is "The Purrfect Crime."

“We need a cleaner,” Eunice whispered.

“Nah. They'll assume she fell.”

Indeed, their plan was purrfect, save for one detail.

“Um... Who’ll open the can?”


What would YOU have said about this, in 25 words or less?

No comments:

Post a Comment