Friday, October 21, 2011

Most Terrifying Contest Ever!

In the past, I've made reference to the blog of literary agent Janet Reid. She frequently runs a contest: write a 100-word short story, using specific words.


UNFORSAKEN
DEADLY
WITCH
GHOST
DECAY
SLAY
Bonus points if you also use the word "Insalubrious"

Here is my entry.

"So, a witch, a werewolf, and a ghost walk into a bar. And the werewolf says, am I hairy, or is it hot in here?"

Uproarious laughter.

I had sworn off doing stand-up for the zombie crowd. But a few Benjamins waved under my nose, and they were unforsaken. The pay was good, though the audiences could be dead. And in varying states of decay. If they don't kill you, the deadly, insalubrious air of the club will.

"You guys slay me. Take my life, please..." As they began their trudge to the stage, I thought, Bad choice of words.

At the time of this posting, she has 110 entries. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment