Monday, December 19, 2011

Oops! ... I Did It Again

With all undue respect to Britney...

In a previous post, I recounted how I recently had a two-part writing session. I composed a scene in my head while walking on the treadmill one night, and then moved it from my gray matter to the PC the next day. I was able to remember 1,500 words, and felt pretty proud of that accomplishment.

I finished that blog with "Now if you'll excuse me, I hear the treadmill calling."

I really did get on the treadmill. And, I did pick up where I had left off the night before, and once again started "brain writing." When I finished, unlike the last time, I ran upstairs to type in one specific sentence that I really liked, and was afraid of losing. Of course, as often is the case when I want to write down "just one sentence," 15 minutes later I had 300 words.

But then I went to bed, and finished the next day. When the smoke cleared, I had written another 1,850 words.

I could get used to this!

No comments:

Post a Comment