Monday, February 20, 2012

Helping A Fellow Propeller Head Writer

It gives me great pleasure to write this entry. I'm always happy to help out any fellow author, more so if he or she is a friend.

The other day I had a luncheon with the IAPP, a professional privacy organization that I belong to. In attendance were two former colleagues, Jack and Matt.

Early on in the lunch conversation, Matt said, "So I hear you have a book of ghost stories that has been published."

I said, "I do. And a book on infosec."

As it turns out, Matt has written his first book, also on information security, specifically penetration testing. It's titled, "Wireless Reconnaissance in Penetration Testing." He's thrilled, and I'm thrilled for him. There is nothing like the feeling of knowing that your first book is coming out...well, actually holding the book probably beats it. But he'll know that feeling soon enough.

He expects it to be published in Q3 of this year. But for now, it is available for pre-order on Amazon. I'm sure once it comes out, I'll enjoy reading it. Matt is one of those people--like me--who has good technical chops, but can explain things in human terms. (Though between you all and me, I think his technical knowledge is deeper than mine.)

So check out the preview now, and check back here at some point in the future for another shout-out.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment