Friday, February 24, 2012

Win My Book! Or, Out-And-Out Bribery...

As much as I hate to beg, plead, and cajole, I would like to ask for some help in increasing the number of my blog's followers. If you look to the left and down just slightly from these words, you'll see my followers. I've had the same eight boxes staring back at me for pretty much the entire year to date. Actually, one was just added, between the time I first started writing this entry and my posting of it. 

Bear in mind, I'm happy to see your faces; I just want to see MORE, for two reasons:

1. Well, ego. I've been doing this blog for more than six months. It would make me feel good to know I've got a growing audience...
2. But this one really is the big one. I'm trying to interest an agent -- and eventually a publisher -- in one or more of my books. One of the things that both of these constituencies will try to determine is whether I have a following. And one way they'll determine that is by looking at my blog.

So, if you subscribe, but are not publicly following, please consider doing so. If you have a Google account, e.g., GMail, I think it's as simple as entering your Gmail account name (and perhaps your password). Then, please write to (at least) two friends and ask them to look at my blog. If they don't like it, so be it. If they do, please ask them to follow.

To sweeten the pot...

I'll tie this effort to a contest. I will offer an autographed copy of one of my books, your choice, to anyone who adds his or her name as a follower. If you're already a follower, refer someone, and have him or her post in the comments "I was referred by X." I will then put both of your names in the hat. If you don't have a Google account and don't want to create just for this purpose, I suppose you could just subscribe by choosing one of the "Subscribe To Absurd Person Singular" options just above the followers; you'll have to post a comment telling me that you subscribed in this manner.

The deadline is 9:00 p.m. EST Tuesday.

Let me conclude by stressing that I really would appreciate the effort. And I really do -- always -- appreciate the support.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment