Friday, May 4, 2012

Busy Busy!

I have been so busy with writing lately, that I haven't had much time to write about writing. I'll put together something soon which details all the stuff I've been working on over the past few weeks. But since I'm sure that you, my DEVOTED FANS, have been worrying about me, I thought I'd get this posted tonight.

It's been a while since I added to my weekly flash fiction collection. But then along came super agent Janet Reid with another of her 100-word contests. The prize: THE CRONING by Laird Barron. She adds, "If you're a total wuss about scary books (and this is well-shelved in dark/horror/scary as hell) we'll find you another book."

Included among the 100 words must be:

Double
Trouble
Bubble
Twin
Spin

The first three immediately should suggest Macbeth. So I ran with it.

The Macbeth Rap
That was “I Would Die 4 U” by Romeo Void. Now for a Bard twin spin, here’s Shakespeare’s Sister with the “Macbeth Rap” on radio KVON.

Is this a dagger which I see,
Pointing the business end at me?
Knock, knock, knock! Get outta my club,
Or I’ll cap YOU, Beelzebub.

Double, double, toil, and bubble.
Don’t cross me, fool, or there’s trouble.
Eye of newt and toe of witch?
Bring me a Colt 45...bitch!

Out motherf-----g spot! Out I say!
What do you want, punk, anyway?
Hell is murky? Ain’t you heard?
Yo yo, I’m your lord. Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment