Sunday, August 25, 2013

The City

By Michael Seese

Wonder agent Janet Reid is serving yet another 100-word contest. The words we need to shoehorn in are:

beautiful
downtown
queens
rental
cat


So without further ado, I give you "The City."

I love the city. I love walking the downtown streets, at night. Seeing parents, out for a stroll, child between them, holding their hands. Laughing at (or with) the beat cops as they ignore the queens blowing mocking kisses at them. The love song of cats mating in an alley. Even the broken neon sign which now proclaims “RENT        AL.” It’s wondrous, glorious, mysterious.


Later, I will sit comfortably on a hill, high above and to the west. The bombs I planted at the refinery will detonate. And that whole stinking cesspool will be consumed by a beautiful crimson glow.


Feel free to share your thoughts on "The City." 

"The City burns." Click to tweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment