Saturday, November 30, 2013

Castle: The Good, The Bad And The Baby

By Michael Seese

After the "creepy episode," "The Good, The Bad And The Baby" was a nice, light change of pace. At least as light as you can expect from a shows which begins with a man staggering through a church, dripping blood, then depositing a baby in the hands of the priest. 

Castle murders always have lots of questions. "The Good, The Bad And The Baby" had some unique puzzlers. "If the baby is not related to the victim, whose child is he?" "Why haven't the parents come forward?" 


These, and more, were answered in due time.

Funny scenes, lines, and looks abounded.

I loved the way Lanie delivered her findings to Beckett and Castle using a sing-song voice, which she had to do because she was holding "Cosmo" at the time.

The diaper-changing scene was a hoot.  

And I would be remiss if I failed to call out Ryan's general and pervasive discomfort whenever he held Cosmo. (Underscored by Castle saying, "You did that on purpose. High-five.")

So on to the lines...

Castle: "When we do this, let's not do the dead body in the middle of the aisle."
Beckett: "OK. Good call."


Castle: "I have an RHD in childcare... Ruggedly Handsome Dad."

Beckett: "I'm suddenly getting a clear and frightening visual of what my future will look like."

Castle: "Oh, I did not know that about you. I suppose you hate rainbows too." 

Castle (trying to figure out where to change the baby): "Not on the rug. Not on the chair. Put him on the blanket. I hate that blanket."

Alexis: "Hey, if you guys have kids in a few years, and I have kids in a few years, they can grow up together."
Castle: "And... it's ruined."

Finally, looks...

- Castle's uh-oh when he lambasted his mother's cooking, and she called out, "I heard that."

- Beckett's general fear when Castle handed her Cosmo (before the aforementioned diaper change).

And I should not fail to mention that, true to form, the victim's wife admitted, "a few weeks ago, he started acting paranoid."

It looks like we have to wait until January for the next episode. Oh well.

Feel free to share your thoughts on "The Good, The Bad And The Baby."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment