Saturday, April 26, 2014

The Package

By Michael Seese

So, for the past two weeks, I didn't submit to Flash Friday. The pictures didn't "speak" to me. But this week, I came up with something.

Here is the photo:



 
















And here is "The Package"


The package was concealed beneath my burqa. Taped tightly to my abdomen, even scrutinizing eyes would have assumed it to be a "baby bump."

Instead of what it really was.

As I slipped through crowded streets, I scanned the buildings, looking for my target.

I stopped to snap a photo. So many others were, it would have appeared out of the ordinary not to.

I had only a vague description of the place. Not very helpful in a land where the color schemes range from dust to dirt.

After a few harried minutes, I found it.

Them.

I summoned my courage and stepped in. Their eyes grew wide.

"Are you...?"

I lifted the black cloth, and tore from its cocoon the laptop.

"We can't thank you enough. This will help us get the message out."

"Anything for the cause of freedom, my brothers."

I nodded and slipped out as he powered it up, which activated the timer on the detonator.



That's my second "bombing" story. I don't think it's a trend...

Feel free to share your thoughts on "The Package."



No comments:

Post a Comment