Friday, April 4, 2014

Wedding Bell Reds

by Michael Seese

What is it that the Post Office says? "Neither rain nor snow nor gloom..." Well, what about rotator cuff surger? Yes, friends, seven hours ago I was in the O.R.

And now, here is "Wedding Bell Reds," based on this picture for Flash! Friday.





















“ ‘I’m Burning For You?’ ‘Light My Fire?’ ”

“Nice songs. But too fast,” said Ashley.

“You’re right,” said Blaise.

Poof! The piece of paper went up in smoke.

“That’s it,” she blurted out. “How about ‘Smoke Gets In Your Eyes?’ It’s pretty, and slow. Perfect for our first dance.”

“Then it’s settled.”

“Now about the menu... Spicy chili?”

“Can’t be too hot.”

“Baked Alaska?”

“Yes. Though technically don’t we want Bombe Alaska?”

“Right,” Ashley said.

“I’ll have to make sure the bartender can do flaming rum shots. That was the drink at my fraternity. All the brothers loved it.”

“About that...” she said carefully, so as to not dampen Blaise’s spirits. “Are you going to invite the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man?”

“I have to,” Blaise said. “He’s my best friend.”

“Yeah. But remember what happened at our cookout last summer?”

“Oh, yeah. Ouch.”



Feel free to share your thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. Hope your rotator cuff is doing well. What the heck did you do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think bad form lifting weights. I had the right one fixed 6 years ago, then had twins. Thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete