Saturday, June 28, 2014

Flash With Janet: Somewhere Outside Las Vegas

By Michael Seese

I dashed out a quick story (literally 15 minutes of work) for yesterday's Janet Reid flash fiction contest.

She noted that one of her regular readers has been down with an illness. So she challenged us to write 100 words using:

evil
virus
mono
blush
piper 


And here is "Somewhere Outside Las Vegas."


 
Dr. Evil was not pleased.

Mini Me!” he shouted. “Get in here.”

The one-eighth-size clone hurried in.

Yes, Dr. Evil?” he said.

You nincompoop!”

What’s wrong? I did exactly as you said,” Mini Me pleaded, blushing.

Oh, did you?”

Yes. I spiked his soda with a virus.”

A deadly virus. You gave him mononucleosis. This is Austin Powers. He gets that disease every week.”

But what about--”

I said to hire a sniper. Not a piper.”

I'm bigger than you and higher up the food chain. Get in my belly,” bellowed Fat Bastard.

I need new help,” sighed Dr. Evil.



Feel free to share your thoughts on Somewhere Outside Las Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment