Thursday, September 11, 2014

PayPOL SPAM

By Michael Seese

It's been a while since I'd gotten a good SPAM. But his came the other day.





Hmmm.

It's from "Apple <Support@paypol.securnet>

Why "paypol?" Are the spammers worried about PayPal suing them over copyright infringement? 

(So that would be SPAM hint #1.)

It's addressed to "Dear,"

(So that would be SPAM hint #2.)

When you hover over either "Verify Now" and "My Apple ID," the URL resolves to  http://www.dopropriobolso.com.br/images/stories/2014/ree.php/

(So that would be SPAM hint #3.)

I have no idea who this website is. If I had to guess, this probably isn't a site which will load malware; they're probably just trying to nab your Apple credentials. The top-level domain .br means it's Brazil.

I won't even go into "Extend our this request."

Remember, when in doubt, stop and think.

And then, still don't click.

Be safe out there, cyber-surfers.

1 comment:

  1. I got one from E-bay (I think), that looked really real. Said I had an issue with one of my sales (or something like that). But since I don't even have an account with them, knew it was spam. Still, someone who uses E-bay could have easily gotten nailed!

    ReplyDelete