Friday, August 5, 2011

Keeping It Up

No! Not like that! Get your mind out of the gutter.

A few months back, I made a vow to myself: I wanted to do two "things," every day, that were related to the world of writing. Those things could be writing my own stuff; reading someone else's stuff; blogging; reading and commenting on any of the author / agent blogs that I read; or actively looking for a publishing opportunity. You get the idea.

This past Wednesday was a good day.  I:

Wrote 760 words of Udopia.
Wrote a 100-word short story (titled No Blues) to enter into the Janet Reid contest.
Later, added to the aforementioned story, with the idea of submitting it to Uncle John's Flush Fiction.
Wrote in my blog.
Posted a comment on the Bookends blog.

Considering my busy schedule, I think that's pretty good.

Thursday wasn't quite so prolific. But still, I was able to add almost 900 words to Udopia and work on No Blues a little more. Today I wrote 700 words for Udopia, created this, and posted to my technology blog at Silicon India.

The point is, if you want to be a writer, then do SOMETHING about it. Every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment