Sunday, February 17, 2013

Castle: Recoil

By Michael Seese

I don't have a lot to say about "Recoil." I thought it was a good episode: dark, intense, and other adjectives I've used before. As such it proved to be light on the lines and the looks, which are what I tend to talk about. So I'll just have to forge on, absent my usual material. 

As I've said before, I do appreciate ongoing story arcs. I think it's good when every single plotline is not conveniently wrapped up after 48 minutes. To refresh our memory, they started with your standard, "Previously on Castle..." Naturally, they had to show Beckett pistol-whipping Senator Bracken, so that we could see the scar on his left cheek, and say, "Oh, nice touch. Good continuity." I don't imagine we've seen the last of the not-so-good Senator.

There were lines, of course. They just tended to the pithy end of the spectrum.

Beckett (to Bracken): "Is there anyone you can think of who would like to kill you?"

And then:
Bracken: "It must be a dream come true for you."
Beckett: "In my dreams, I get to pull the trigger."

And in addition to her hateful looks, Castle spent the scene in Captain Gates's office positively glaring at Bracken.

We may actually have the time to see "Reality Star Struck" tonight. That would make for a great Castle trifecta this weekend.

Why do Castle & Beckett "Recoil" whenever they see Senator Bracken?  Click to tweet

No comments:

Post a Comment