Sunday, September 9, 2012

Funny Foto #31

By Michael Seese

In a previous post or two, I have talked about targeted advertising, and how they can be hit or miss. A while back, on two consecutive days I got two I would definitely say were off target.







































I will stress again that these ads absolutely missed their mark, and I say that for several reasons. (And none of those reasons is even remotely connected to the fact that my wife reads this blog.)

1.  These ads were attached to a daily e-newsletter which comes to my work email account. We can't access dating sites. We can't even access Facebook from work. So I certainly was not doing any "singles surfing" at the office.
2. I don't engage in "singles surfing" at home.

Also, apropos of nothing, I would bet my mortgage that the top row left, and bottom row middle are nowhere near 50.

If you want further proof that the marketing strategy of the folks at "LiveIntent" is off base, check out the ad from yesterday's email.


























What do you think? Are they me?

1 comment:

  1. Is it bad that I have those shoes in black? True story. ((shame spiral))

    ReplyDelete